See you in the skies!
The application for admission into the Virtual Coast Guard details very specific requirements and guidelines that must be adhered to. Should ANY and ALL elements of these inquiries be omitted or otherwise lacking in satisfaction the applicant will not be considered for admittance (but may be considered for reapplying upon command staff request and authorization).
Accepted applicants, upon receipt of their status through email, will be asked to attend a candidacy meeting with the command staff as well as other members (to be determined) with inquiries or other prevarications regarding the candidate or candidate’s application. The candidate will then receive a training manual (pending on the outcome of the candidacy meeting to have been held formerly) which will list in detail the training requirements from the first lesson to the checkride with their chosen (or assigned) field of study (fixed wing/rotorcraft). Based on all the information given within this time, the candidate will have one week to decide whether to remain a candidate and proceed with the training process. This decision must be sent to the Virtual Coast Guard through email to ensure receipt. If no response is given by 23:59 (local time of candidate) on the seventh day, the candidate will removed from the roster and must reapply to be reconsidered. Should the candidate choose to proceed, he/she will be assigned an O.C.S. number and may begin training.
Requirements to join:
- Have a valid and legal copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator X
- Have a valid and good standing VATSIM Account
- Be over the age of 13 (VATSIM Policy, if you're found to be younger then stated your application will be rejected and your VATSIM account reported)
- Understand and have reviewed VATSIM Policies and Code of Conduct
- Have a working microphone
- A basic understanding of aviation and aviation safety
- A basic understanding of Air Traffic Control phraseology
- Have a valid and legal copy of Teamspeak 3 installed on your computer (www.teamspeak.com)
- Most of all a positive team attitude
If you think you meet all of the above requirements, then sign up today! The Virtual Coast Guard looks forward to speaking and flying with you.
The Virtual Coast Guard "Where Every Mission Counts"